John Dempster, a native Knoxvillian, is a commercial real estate broker specializing in the sales of multifamily and net-leased, single tenant investment properties.
With over twenty-five years of brokerage experience, John brings to his clients and customers extensive knowledge of both the product types and the local market area.
Using the Goldman Partners exclusive proprietary database of properties and investors John is able to connect buyers and sellers on a local, regional and national basis.
John’s resumé includes partnership in Gates & Dempster, brokerage at NAI Knoxville and now participating in the launch of Goldman Partners Realty in Knoxville. Particular transactions of note in which John has been involved include:
- Representing a division of Northrup Grumman in the lease of a 64,000 square foot manufacturing facility
- The sale of a shopping center for Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance
- The sale of a 995,000 square foot cotton warehouse for the RTC
- Representing Anixter Brothers in the lease of 230,000 square foot national parts distribution warehouse
- The sale to First Tennessee Bank of an office building for its corporate headquarters in Memphis
- The sale of a 145,000 square foot building for International Paper
- The sale of a 1,300,000 square foot surplus manufacturing facility for BASF
- On-going representation of lenders for REO properties
- The sale of both Section 8 and conventional multifamily complexes.
AFFILIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley, Board Member and Past Chairman
- Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Knoxville
- Sequoyah Hills Preservation Society, Board Member
- Knoxville Association of Realtors, Commercial Member
The University of Tennessee
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Science in History and Anthropology
United States Marine Corps, 1966-1968